This page contains software that Morgan McGuire
(me) released as
open source. You may use it under the BSD license at the bottom of
the page. Although not required, I appreciate hearing
if you use this in a
commercial product or to teach a course, since that justifies the
effort of making it available.
I do not support this code--use it at your own risk, and please
don't send feature requests or ask for help with it. Some of it was
written while I was an undergraduate and may not compile on modern
- Markdeep - An extension of Markdown that works client side in a browser without a plugin and supports diagrams, titles, and LaTeX math
- TreeList.js - Lightweight selectable and scrollable tree list UI
- relay.js - Node.js based relay server and index.html sample application demonstrating its use.
- Sandbox.java - ClassLoader for dynamic class reloading, useful for plugins.
- RedBlack.java, Demo.java - Simple Red-Black tree demo.
- Splay Tree applet and source code
- Darwin 2.0 - AI programming game with isometric 3D graphics using concurrency
- Darwin 2.1 - AI programming game with isometric 3D graphics using coroutines (no explicit synchronization needed!)
- infix.scm - Recursive descent infix parser and macro for Scheme
- sort.cpp Elegant reference implementations of some common sorting algorithms: heapSort,
- getip.cpp Get IP address, subnet mask, broadcast address, and MAC address of the network adapter(s) on Unix-based systems.
- _kbhit.cpp _kbhit for Linux/POSIX without using Curses (see also my flipcode article)
- safesprintf.cpp - An sprintf implementation that prevents buffer overflows (a newer version appears as the "format" function in the G3D library. See also my flipcode article)
- iCompile Zero configuration build system for C++ on Linux, FreeBSD, and OS X written in Python. Just type 'icompile' -- no Makefile needed
Open Source Initiative Approved Open Source Software
Copyright (c) 2000-2012, Morgan McGuire
All rights reserved.
Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:
- Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
- Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
- Neither the name of Williams College, nor the name of Morgan McGuire, nor the names of other contributors in the code may be used to endorse or promote products derived from this software without specific prior written permission.
THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS "AS IS" AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COPYRIGHT OWNER OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.